Thursday, July 29, 2010

Peggy By Request cover

It was called "Peggy by Request" when it was published in the United States.  This was the most on-point cover that I could find.  That's what I'm currently reading!  I found a copy on Ebay for $4, quite beat up, but I just wanted to read it because I was VERY interested in how the Noel Wyndham romance would go  :-)

In Keeper of the Door, the heroine for a short time is interested in Noel Wyndham instead of his older brother Max.  Noel Wyndham's a very good sport-- at the end of the story he's still cheerful, and playfully consenting to marry a girl who's very much in love with him and has been following him around through the whole book-- beautiful blonde Peggy, then six years old!  Ethel Dell was besieged with requests from readers to know what, if anything, happens with these two once Peggy grows up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment